This lesson describes the terms bioinformatics and big data. Also discussed are ways this field can be used to improve life and answer questions. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What makes big data big?
- How can researchers conquer some of the challenges posed by collecting big data?
- How can big data applied to precision medicine improve health care?
- Describe the difference between computer science and bioinformatics
- List some of the areas in which big data can improve life
- Outline a challenge faced with collecting big data
Presented By: William Hogan
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.