In this lesson you will learn what translational science is and the role Citizen Scientists play in this field. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- Other than clinical and medical discoveries, what areas also have a significant impact on health outcomes?
- Why is the research approach called bench to bedside?
- Why did a cure for scurvy take so long to be implemented?
- Describe translational science
- Articulate how a Citizen Scientist can help shape translational science projects
- Explain the ultimate goal of translational science
Presented By: Dave Nelson
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
What is your personal goal as a Citizen Scientist?