In this lesson you will learn about the topic of research including the steps in conducting research. This lesson also covers points in the research process where Citizen Scientists can offer invaluable input and actionable advice. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- Why is it important to submit the research plan to the Institutional Review Board?
- Why might it be important to report the study findings back to the community?
- Are there other areas of the research process in which I could offer input?
- Define research
- Restate the steps in the research process
- Cite the steps of the research process for which Citizen Scientist input is most valuable
Presented By: Eileen Handberg
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
What is your favorite part of research?