Topics covered in this lesson include the informed consent process, including necessary elements, types, and special situations such as minors or emergency use. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- Have I ever received an unclear informed consent form?
- What elements might be necessary to make an informed consent document clear to the participant?
- What steps might a researcher need to take if a potential participant does not speak English?
- Define assent
- Explain the elements of consent
- Describe conditions for which emergency use informed consent would be appropriate
Presented By: Dana Leach
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
- Informed Consent: Additional Elements
This handout describes potential extra items that can be included in an informed consent form, depending on the type of research being conducted.
- Informed Consent: More Information
In this handout, you will find web links that offer more information about informed consent.