In this lesson you will learn about the basic makeup and tasks of the Institutional Review Board (IRB), and types of approval processes used to grant research study approval. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- Why do IRBs exist?
- What would research be like without IRBs?
- If I had been one of the participants treated unethically in past research, would the current participant protections make me feel at ease?
- Discuss the importance of an IRB
- Express the difference between a human and non-human research subject
- List the different types of IRB approval for research studies
Presented By: Tiffany Pineda
Instructions: In the practice activity below you will be asked to respond to questions related to the video “IRBs and Human Subjects Research”. Please try your best to provide the correct response. Each question includes feedback. Use this feedback to learn more about the topic. Your goal is to score a 80% or higher on this activity. You may repeat this activity as many times as needed. Good luck!
Follow the instructions in your new hire packet to access the MyTraining site through my.ufl.edu. You will need to find this course using the search function, and then register for it. After watching the course content, you will need to take and pass the assessment. Please submit your certificate of completion to your supervisor upon completion of this training course.
- IRB01 Mandatory Local Training- Course Code UF_IRB800_OLT
What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on as a Citizen Scientist?