This lesson discusses the concept of intellectual property, as well as practicing confidentiality as a Citizen Scientist. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What is intellectual property and how do I, as a Citizen Scientist, protect it?
- What is confidentiality and how do I practice it as a Citizen Scientist?
- When should I treat information as confidential?
- Describe the concept of intellectual property
- Recognize intellectual property and treat it as confidential
- Explain why it is important to researchers that their work is treated with confidentiality
Presented By: Deborah Morrison
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.