This lesson contains an overview of Citizen Scientist programs including what team members may be asked to do and the evolution of citizen science in society. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What is the role of a Citizen Scientist in society?
- Who can be a Citizen Scientist?
- What are common activities in which a Citizen Scientists can engage?
- List some of the activities in which Citizen Scientists may engage
- Describe the role Citizen Scientists may play in influencing research priorities and development
- Discuss an example of how Citizen Science has furthered the research of a rare disease
Presented By: Janet Brishke
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
What advice would you give to new Citizen Scientists?
- Tips for New Citizen Scientists
While some of the advice given is specific to the University of Florida program, the advice from current Citizen Scientists may help new members feel at ease and give input more freely in group settings.